quarta-feira, 28 de janeiro de 2009

Useful expressions IV - Meetings

Source: Market Leader series

Starting meetings and setting objectives
Ok, let's get down to business.
Right, can we start, please?
The purpose of this meeting is...
The aims of this meeting are...

Dealing with interruptions and keeping to the point
Could you let him finish, please?
Could you just hang on a moment, please?
I'm not sure that's relevant.
Perhaps we could get back to the point.

Speeding up and slowing down
I think we should move on now.
Can we come back to that?
Hold on, we need to look at this in more detail.
I think we should discuss this a bit more.

Expressing doubt
I'm worried about...
I'm not sure about...

Making a decision and stating future action
The solution, then, is ...
I think, on balance, we feel we should...
So, the next thing to do is...
What we've got to do now is...

Summarizing
Ok, let's go over what we've agreed.
Right, to sum up then...